19 December 2011

Body Movin'

Maybe these guys can kick start the New Year!
The velocity of a body remains constant unless the body is acted upon by an external force”

Consistency is key when it comes to endurance sports, and I doubt this is what Newton had in mind, but once you get into a nice consistent training pattern, it's tough to break out of it. Consequently, the same can be said about a body at rest…and it’s been a bitch getting my ass off the couch lately.

After two solid months of training, I gotten a bit out of my rhythm.  Between a new assignment at work, a bit of a chest cold and a calendar full of holiday commitments, I’m pretty much writing the last few weeks of December off.


 
I’ve made significant progress over the past two months and have built my FTP right back up to my peak numbers last year.  I can already tell, I’m nearing my plateau and easy gains are a thing of the past.  It's going to take a lot of focus and dedication to break through to the next level.

Almost too pretty to eat, huh!  WANNA BET!
I’m going to attempt to minimize the holiday damage over the next two week.  I need to to try to catch up on sleep, refrain from clearing whole plates of Christmas cookies, take it easy on Christmas mimosas and give the legs a bit of a rest. 

The goal being; enter January 1 ready to hit it and get this Body Movin’ again!

Hope all is Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment