20 May 2013

American Triple T - Results

I had a great weekend down in Ohio for the kick-off to my season.  I was a bit surprised at my level of fitness for the lack of any really long rides.  Spring this year in Michigan has been brutal and I thought I'd really be suffering because of it.

More details to come when the final results are posted but I was in 8th overall after race 3.

I finished strong on Sunday for the finale and I think I ended up in 4th for race 4.   That might have been enough to crack into the Top 5 Overall, but for now I just wait.

More details to come, including power numbers, run splits and nutrition!

Train Safe.


2 comments:

  1. Not race related but everyday life related....What's your daily eating habits look like and do you use supplements?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally speaking I eat a very low fat, low processed food diet. (lean protein, low processed grains and lots of fruits and veggies). That, and working out between 10-15hrs week results in a very lean, light frame to move around a race course.

      Supplements include protein shakes and the gamut of 1st Endurance products, specifically for training/racing nutrition (EFS) and recovery (ultragen and optygen). Big workouts do more harm than good if it takes days to recover from. I also like glucosamine when the run volume starts to get up there (30+miles/week)

      Delete