24 January 2014

You Can't Do This Alone

After a bunch of time off to rest and recover from my 2013 season, I've decided to get after it again in 2014...but no full distance ironman racing in the foreseable future though.  In 2014 I plan on focusing on shorter distances running and tri races...but more on the specifics in an upcoming post.

http://firstendurance.com/http://firstendurance.com/
Over past few years I've built some amazing relationships within the industry.  Namely, Robert Kunz from 1st Endurance and Emilio from De Soto Sport.  These two guys and their staffs have greatly helped me along the way and if it weren't for them, I wouldn't have had as much enjoyment and success in this sport.  Their collective expertise, passion and willingness to help are undeniable.

http://www.desotosport.com/index.phpThis stems back from my college days but I've always like the idea of a fraternity.  I was never involved in one but it always seemed to be collections of the coolest or smartest or best dressed or biggest partiers around.  It didn't matter the focus, they all flocked together with a common bond.  Coming from a Big Ten University and I saw a very similar fraternization amongst the sports teams and clubs and I always wanted to be a part of it.

Over the past 5 years, I've applied for and have been turned away from most of the big name armature triathlon teams in the country.  This blog entry is not to discuss their selection criteria but simply put, I didn't have what they were looking for.  So at first, with a bit of chip on my shoulder, I decided to just go out and try to out race anyone of these guys I came upon.  I won some, I lost some.  But the point is, I've always wanted to align with a group who all work toward a common goal!http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/

So in the process of establishing my self proclaimed team of one, I individually lobbied some of the premiere triathlon companies around for support and partnership.  There have been a handful along the way but the two guys that continue to be there for me are Robert and Emilio.  They help me, and I do everything I can to help them.  At this point joining a team  would likely mean breaking ties with the guys who have helped me most and I'm obviously not willing to do that.

So again, for the 2014 season, it is my absolute honer and privileged to announce continued support from 1st Endurance, De Soto Sport and Rudy Project!  If by chance you're not familiar with these companies please click on the banners within and learn about the incredible nutritional products and fitness gear they have to offer. Signing up for their newsletters and mailing list will get you in on all sorts of tips and goodies!


Until next time,
Train Safe, Train Smart. 

**note, Team PĂ©rez includes my amazingly supportive wife, my three sons who I plan to continue beating around the block well in to my 60s and my families on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment