17 November 2012

Top Shelf Triathlon – WTF!!



Every good blog has a theme and over a year ago Top Shelf Triathlon was born.  I started blogging blabbing on and on about myself and triathlon, mainly to get some sponsorship attention and to capture my journey to Ironman Wisconsin.
Really?  REALLY?
Top Shelf Triathlon, just like so many of my good college drinking stories begins with, “it seemed like a good idea at the time”…

Albeit a modest one, my top shelf!
So here’s a summary of how I came to my “over the top” blog theme!  Ya see, I started drinking way too early back in high school and used to get drunk and pass-out by 10pm off of a few 22oz, brown bagged Icehouses  (Deuce-Deuce in the House!).  By the time college ended I had “graduated” to top shelf liquors and all night parties.   

Years later, I sighted a new challenge and began racing small local sprint triathlons, now almost 10 years later I’ve graduated to the Ironman World Championships.

Top Shelf, is not who I am, but what I'm always striving to be, no matter the challenge!

The whole story starts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment